Monday, January 30, 2012

Better sooner than later

My nurse called me today and started by saying that Schoolie won't be able to do my transfer because he will be out of town, I said fine, I really wasn't expecting him to do it.  Then she continues by asking me if we could move my transfer from Friday to Thursday because the lab is having trouble doing the CCS overnight on my no-result for a Friday transfer.  I said I would check with Dan.  Well, Dan is not happy about missing another day of work and then we remembered we had paid already for the hotel on Jetsetter that has no refund/changes policy.  So I called back and told her we couldn't do it.  She said it is not possible to do it on Friday and that she couldn't explain why but would have the lab people call me.   It looks like we will just have to do it on Thursday Feb. 23rd.  I will wait for the call from the lab, I'd like to hear the explanation, but most likely we will have to fly out on Wednesday instead.

On another note, a good friend just got pregnant at CCRM after 7 IVF cycles!!! I am so so so happy for her!  She had been banking embryos on her last 4 IVF's, it was her first transfer at CCRM, she transferred 3 day 3 polar body biopsy normal embryos and it looks like one stuck.  I love hearing good news specially from girls that have struggled so much.  It is possible ladies!

8 comments:

  1. How frustrating for you. They have known that the plan was to do CCS on your transfer day and had you on the schedule for Friday. Now that you are locked in to travel $$ they change it on you. It sucks, because you are at their mercy.

    What great news about your friend! I've got a friend who is about to start her 7th IVF cycle at CCRM, so that is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh - that is frustrating that you have to change plans so last minute. Oh well, I guess the most important thing is that the CCS test goes well.
    Thank you for sharing that story about your friend - it gives me hope! I can't believe she has been banking embryos for 4 cycles! Why so many, did she not have normals every time?
    I am excited and so nervous for both of us...argh, let the waiting be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Schoolie told her that she should bank at least 4, specially since she was doing day 3 embryos. So on her first IVF @ CCRM she got 2 normals, on her second no normals, on her third no normals, on her 4th IVF she grew them to blasts because she had I believe 6, only one made it to blast, she did CCS and it was abnormal. So she decided to just transfer 3 :-)

      Delete
    2. Wow...that's crazy! That's interesting because we are transferring with only 2...I hope we are taking the right path. Maybe we should have "banked" more. Too late now I guess. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. So frustrating yet again!!! On a happy note, it is right around the corner!!! I can't believe your big day is almost here my friend. I am so excited and I have such high hopes this time. I love hearing about your friend too:) So inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CCRM owns us. While my last minute change was not quite as inconvenient as yours, they did something similar to me for my transfer day. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very frustrating indeed. Changing travel plans is not easy especially with 2 working adults. Hope it all works out for the best! That is great news about your friend, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete